Monday, November 19, 2007

My loss of motivation to game.

To begin, i would like how it took Matt three lines to sum up the insult of "Fuck you, Grant" =], nice one.

Well more on topic, i have been less motivated to play video games, and i solely blame this on WoW. Why? because that goddamn game will destroy your social life, and you will want to do nothing but play it. I quit the game about a month or so ago (grew tired of the repetition after 2 years of playing), and ever since then i don't game near as much. Even before WoW i played Halo 2, Gears of War, and other games like i had no life. And now, I can't help but not feeling any motivation what so ever to play new games. Could it be the effect of MMORPG's? I'm not sure, but if you have any game that is addictive and can replace WoW as a long term game please let me know. I have gotten recommendations from Matt for new games, but so far, no games have attracted me enough. I was going to play hellgate:london, until i realized it sucked complete balls. I also have Halo 3, but i do not have near the same motivation to play it as i had when i played Halo 2, I do not agree completely that it sucks. But i will admit that the gameplay feels a bit aged, but the casual Xbox Live Multi-player is fun as hell (gamertag=eliteslayer749). I think it may also be the fact that im trying to compare games' addictive values to WoW's which is usually way off from Blizzard's Godlike game.

What have i been doing in the meantime? School, actually being social, music, books, and movies. I do enjoy actually getting out a lot more, but i do miss the feel of WoW (which i soon lose after 10 minutes of playing). So, never play WoW, it makes every other game seem as boring as a motherfucking carrot after a few weeks of play.

Although this could just be a phase where i don't care to play video games, i do miss the addiction somehow, even though i hated it at the same time. I guess after 2 years of playing WoW like crack, it'd burn anyone out. Except Matt, who lives off video games.

I'm still hoping that Age of Conan and/or Warhammer Online will be badass, but until then, i don't think its possible for me to play a game the same as i played WoW.

Peace motherfucker.

No comments: